Thursday, February 5, 2015

Government trip



        I thought that our government trip that we took yesterday was very interesting, the ride there not so much. I learned a lot over the course of the day. I didn't think I would like it but I did.

     I was very interested when we got to sit in committee. I thought that it was neat to see that the representatives are willing to vote in the good of the people and not their own selfish ways. It was cool to see the proposals that were spoken on the gambling bill. It was nice to meet our district representatives and talk to them about current issues, and ask them about questions that I had. It was nice that the representatives had answers to my questions. The Pizza Ranch in Ft. Pierre is probably one of the best Pizza Ranches I have eaten at. We sat in the House session after lunch. I didn't really care for the house compared to the committee. I still thought the House of Representatives session was interesting. It was cool to see some of the representatives get heated up on a couple of bills.  


     Overall I liked the trip. I thought the trip was interesting to see how the state government works. I think it would be so bad being a representative. In fact I think it would kind of be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment